Let’s get Digital
Over the last year Kent Connects has been pioneering the digital agenda across the County and beyond and considering how all its partners and others can make Kent more digitally inclusive.
Digitisation is fundamentally changing the society we live in. All aspects of our lives are being moved into the digital ether and that is transforming the way many businesses work both with their staff and their customers.
Since its launch in May 2015 digital.together has been working on projects and promoting events that consider how can everyone can maximise the benefits that new digital offerings will bring.
Here are some examples of what we achieved:
- What the # – teaching digital skills from the ground up for the public and partners
- Really Useful Day – Sharing best practice and tackling obstacles to change in the public sector.
- Social Media Workshops on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest workshops for the public.
- Connects seminar – Are we training for the future?
- #OurDay – Joining thousands of public sector workers nation-wide, promoting the projects we were working on.
- Business Intelligence Workshop – Exploring ways to use data to make smarter decisions.
- Accessibility workshop – Designing digital services to be accessible to all our citizens.
- ThinkNation – gathering young people, creatives & thought leaders together to tackle how tech impacts everyday life & the future
- Internet of Things Masterclass – Gaining understanding of technologies, applications and opportunities for the future.
- Raspberry Pi JAM – Sponsoring opportunities for children in Kent to learn programming skills.
- Playing Games and Improving Services – ‘Make Work Play’ by introducing gamification techniques to the workplace.
Drawing in expertise from a team of 33 Digital Envoys and 17 partner organisations we are set to build on the success we have achieved this year by continuing to support Kent become a more digitally inclusive county for everyone.
If you want to help create the opportunities to use digital to improve lives at home, in the workplace or in communities, come on board and be part of digital.together.